Day care, Nurseries and pre-schools in Thame, Henley, Chinnor and around
15 March 2023
One of the most intimidating things when my maternity leave was coming to a close was to find a nursery for Ay. I wished someone had told me to start the process early as the ones we really liked had a long waiting list, which meant I couldn’t put him into our first choice. It all worked out ok in the end but my suggestion to all new parents would be start looking around as early as you can.
- First and foremost, make a list of all the nurseries in your area. You dont have to worry about this because I have done it already for you.
- Short list the ones you like or suit your needs the most (such as commute, working hours, daily costs etc). Check the nursery is registered with Ofsted and see the most recent Ofsted report. Also ask your friends for recommendations.
- Visit a few to find the setting that you are most comfortable with. Ask them loads of questions in person about the childcare they provide. HERE is a good checklist of what to ask.
- Look at the other children in the nursery and see if they appear to be happy and well occupied? I always took Ay with me to see how he reacts to the environment. You will get a vibe for the place!
Here is our comprehensive list of Day cares, Nurseries and pre-schools listed in Thame, Henley, Chinnor and around to help you find your perfect childcare setting:
- John Hampden Primary School Nursery, Park Street, Thame, OX9 3HU
- The Treehouse, Guide Headquarters, Spring Path, Thame, OX9 2EP
- Roots for Life Nursery 46b North Street, Thame, OX9 3BH
- Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery, Oxford Rd, Thame OX9 2AJ
- Tetsworth Primary School Nursery class, 15 High Street, Tetsworth, OX9 7AB
- The Old Station Nursery, Fairmile, Henley on Thames, RG9 6AD
- The Bix Montessori School, Bix and Assendon Village Hall, Henley-on-Thames RG9 6BS
- Highmoor Nursery School, Highmoor Cross, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 5DX
- Peapods Nursery School, Manor Farm, Peppard Common, Rotherfield Peppard, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5LA
- Badgemore Preschool, Hop Gardens, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 2HL
- Henley Village Montessori Nursery School, 46 Reading Road, Christ Church Centre, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1AG
- Valley Road School Nursery, Henley on Thames, RG9 1RR
- Cygnets of Henley Ltd, Valley Rd, Henley-on-Thames RG9 1RR
- Sacred Heart Preschool, Greys Hill, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1SL
- Trinity Pre-School Vicarage Rd, Henley-on-Thames RG9 1HJ
- Turville Forest school nursery, School Ln, Turville, Henley-on-Thames RG9 6QX
- Treetops Nursery, 5 Centenary Business Park, Station Road, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1DS
- Harpsden Pre-School Harpsden Village Hall, Harpsden, Henley On Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 4HH
- Shiplake Village Nursery, Memorial Avenue, Henley on Thames, RG9 4DN
- Rupert House School Nursery, 90 – 92 Bell Street, Henley on Thames, RG9 2BN
- St Mary’s prep school, 3 St. Andrews Road, Henley on Thames, RG9 1HS
- Bishopswood Special School Nursery Class at Valley Road School, Sonning Common, RG4 9RJ
- Jack and Jill Pre-School, Rear of Mill Lane School, Via White’s Field, Chinnor, OX39 4RF
- Ladybird Pre-School, Grafton Orchard, Chinnor OX39 4DS
- The Montessori Nursery School, Baker’s Piece, Kingston Blount, Chinnor, OX39 4SW
- Windmill Community Nursery at Mill Lane C. Primary School, Chinnor, OX39 4RF
- Buds that blossom, Lower rd, Chinnor, OX394DU
If you are living on the border, then you can also have a look at our other archives like Day care and nurseries in Didcot and Wantage, Day care and nurseries in Bicester and Day care and nurseries in Oxford
You may also be interested in our list of Playgroups and Classes and/or our list of playgrounds and parks in and around Thame and Chinnor or Oxfordshire in general
If you think something needs updating on this post, please contact us HERE