- Be between 5 – 15 years old (previously 6-15 years)
- Ask your parent or guardian for permission and ask them to read the Privacy Notice at the bottom of this page.
- Send a creative contribution to earn your badge. This could be a poem, a story, some artwork, a model, a recipe, a suggestion for the show, or an interesting letter telling us about something you have done linked to your hobbies and interests.
- Include: your full name, your date of birth, your home postal address and postcode (not your school address)
- Post it to Blue Peter with the correct stamp on it
- You can even ask to appear on Blue Peter? If so, make sure to tell them you are interested in being on the show.
- Send your application letter and any other materials to the following address:
How long does it take?
We got a reply letter and our badge in a week, which was addressed to Ay. He was beaming with joy as soon as it landed in his hands and could not be any more happier. Blue Peter is live on Friday at 5:00pm on CBBC and BBC iPlayer. Our crafts were on the wall, which was also super duper exciting! The ID card is printed monthly and can take 6-12 weeks to arrive. We received ours in 6 weeks. You need the badge and the ID card together to be able to use it on the attractions, so expect the process to take upto 12 weeks.
How do you get into attractions for free?
You need to wear the badge and take the ID card with you to gain free entry. The card is valid until the 16th birthday, so it stays with you for ~10 years. For free entry, kids need to be going in with a paying adult and you should read the full T&Cs HERE .
What other badges are there?