Fforest coaster at Zipworld is a must do!
23 July 2023
The Fforest Coaster at Zipworld is a MUST MUST DO, if you are visiting North Wales with kids. I must say it is not the cheapest day out, costing 25£ pp or 35£ if you share the ride with your child, but it is a one of a kind experience and you do get three rides on it!
Here’s why you should do it:
- Thrilling Ride which you can control: The Fforest Coaster is essentially a gravity-fueled, toboggan style roller coaster that allows riders to control their own speed as they twist and turn through the forest. The specially designed coaster carts are equipped with brakes, giving you the ability to control your descent. This feature ensures that families with younger children or those seeking a more relaxed experience can still enjoy the ride at their own pace, while thrill-seekers can let loose and zoom down the track at faster speeds. My husband, who is not a roller coaster fan (read that as he never goes on them) but agreed to trying it when he saw some of the coasters coming down at reasonable speed. He was still a happy bunny when he came out and went on the next ride with more enthusiasm.
- Ideal for All Ages: The Fforest Coaster caters to visitors of all ages making it a fantastic option for families with kids of varying ages. Children between 3 and 8 (or older) can share a sledge with an adult while older kids can experience the excitement of controlling their speed independently. This inclusive feature makes the attraction a great bonding activity for the whole family.
- Ride it three times: Three goes are included with each ticket, so you can really push the course to its limit on your final run! Each ride lasts about 3-4 minutes I think, depending on how you quickly you go
- Video recording: On board cameras are available to hire to capture your footage, using AI technology to edit a unique, shareable video with friends and family following your adventure. The crew turns on the video camera on your second and third ride, and then gives you a QR code at the end. You can view the video of your entire ride and purchase it for 8£. Considering how steep the prices are at most similar attractions, I think this is a reasonable price to have life long memories– it will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your vacation!
- Scenic Views: Located within the enchanting landscapes of Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia National Park, the Fforest Coaster offers breathtaking views through the lush greenery of the forest. While the coaster itself might feel like a thrilling blur, the journey begins with a serene ascent up the mountain, allowing you to savor the awe-inspiring views of Snowdonia from a fresh and breathtaking perspective.
- All-Weather Fun: The Forest Coaster is a fantastic attraction no matter the weather conditions. Rain or shine, families can enjoy the coaster ride as it weaves through the forest canopy, adding an extra element of excitement during rainy days. Additionally, the forest setting provides some shelter from the elements, making it a versatile activity during any season.
- Here are the statistics from their website:
- HOW FAR? 365M UP & 710M DOWN
- HOW FAST? UP TO 25MPH
- HOW STEEP? MAX 25% GRADIENT
- HOW MANY? 3 RIDES
- DURATION APPROXIMATELY 6 MINS PER RUN
View this post on Instagram
Nestled in the Conwy Valley, Zip World Fforest offers an idyllic woodland setting for adventures galore. There are many other things you can do at Zip world, some quite scary looking like the Plummet and Sky ride!
If you think something needs updating on this post, please contact us HERE