Where to Go Lambing in Oxfordshire- 2023
6 March 2023
Experience the magic of lambing via our selection of the best lambing days in and around Oxfordshire. Some will be open for lambing everyday while others run special weekend events, but don’t worry, this list will cover it all. Please let me know if I have missed any.
This post is limited to Lambing, but if you are after activities over the upcoming Easter holidays, including all the Easter egg hunts and bunny meets, then please click on the post HERE
Don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends and follow us our instagram ( @oxfordshiremummies ) and Facebook (@Oxfordshiremummies )
The Old Farm Shop near Abingdon are holding two special lambing weekends on 18th/19th and 25th/26th March 2023. There will be Treasure hunt, BBQ, Fun photo board, Tractors, Bouncy castle and of course Sheep & Lambs.
Tickets: FREE entry but please support the event by donation and in the shop
Spring Lambing Weekends at Earth Trust Farm will be open across two weekends: 25th and 26th March and 1st and 2nd April 2023. Explore the farmyard and visit expectant ewes and newborn lambs keeping cosy in the lambing shed. Enjoy a tractor trailer ride, games, stalls and more.
Tickets: 9£ adults, 7£ child over 2s
- Lambing at Bishops court farm, Dorchester-on-Thames (between 28th February and 6th April 2023):
On Sunday 12th March and Sunday 2nd April (between 11am – 4pm), they will be holding lambing open days when you will have the chance to pet the new-born lambs and meet some of our other animals (alpacas, sheep, goats and pigs). A member of our staff will be on hand to answer any questions and explain what happens during this special time on the farm.
Tickets: Voluntary contribution of £5 per family, payable on the day, to help cover the costs for the event.
Read our review from past visit HERE
- Lambing 2023 at Hadsham Farm, Banbury (25th-26th March and 1st -16th April 2023)
In addition to the lambing, they have small indoor and outdoor play areas, a sensory walk, colouring corner and an area to ‘hold a chick’ and ‘cuddle a lamb’, as well as refreshments station
Tickets: 6£ for anyone 2+
- Lambing events at Common Leys Farm Campus (19th and 25th March 2023):
10£ per family/ car- Booking in advance only- please phone 01993 208148 during office hours.
- Lambing Weekend at Sandy Lane farm on 25th March ONLY 10-3 PM- Entry FREE— CANCELLED as the fields used for parking are clogged with water
- It’s Lambing time again (15th – 31st March) and EASTER activities (1-16 April) at Roves Farm:
You can spend some time on the viewing walkway looking out over the lambing shed as the day’s action unfolds. You may be lucky enough to see a lamb or two being born! There will be all the usual fun on the farm with activities, indoor & outdoor play, tractor ride (from Feb half term onwards), Toddler Time and meet & feed the animals
Read our review HERE
- Lambing returns to Cotswold Farm park.
There are about 800 expected to be born over the next few weeks, making it one of the largest lambing events in the country. They will not be ready to bottle feed until after Easter, so if that is what you are after, then wait until then; if you want to be in chance of witnessing live lamb birth, then now is the time. Read our review HERE
Book in advance to save £3.00; Adults: £11.50, child 4-16 £10.95, 2-3 years old 6.95£
- Easter Wonderland at Hogshaw farm 3-14 April 2023. Follow Alice down the rabbit hole and venture into our very own Wonderland this Easter! Meet the Mad Hatter, enjoy live entertainment, curious crafts, topsy-turvy games and all the usual fun of the farm. With new lambs, kids, ducklings and even reindeer on the way this Spring, there will be loads of babies to meet. Read our review from the previous visits HERE and HERE
Tickets: £13.45 for anyone 2+
- Spring into Easter at Odds Farm: Enjoy an eggs-traordinary Easter and come to meet fluffy lambs, cheeky kid goats and piglets galore! Plus don’t miss the egg hunt and Spring crafts! Get hands-on with kid goat bottle-feeding, goat shows, hop aboard our tractor & trailer ride and enjoy acres of outdoor adventure play.
Tickets: £13.45 for anyone 2+
- Meet the lambs and egg-citing Easter Trail at Lillingstone Pick Your Own, Buckingham:
Adults: £5.50, child 1+ £7.95
Read our review of previous visit HERE
Easter Shetland Pony Pamper and Rides at Lillingstone Pick Your Own (1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th April )
Ride a Shetland/Pony (£13.00) and/or Pamper a Shetland/ Pony (adult £10.00)
Read our review of the previous visit HERE
If you think something needs updating on this post, please contact us HERE