Easter 2023- What’s On for kids in and around Oxfordshire
4 February 2023
There are so many activities to do with kids in Oxfordshire over the upcoming Easter holidays. I have put together a guide for you all, including all the Easter egg hunts and bunny meets which have been advertised so far. I have added and updated a section on Lambing as you many of you privately messaged me.
So whether you want an activity in the gardens, in the farms, in the National Trust properties or in an indoor space or a train, I have it all covered!
If you are looking for Holiday camps and clubs instead, then check our post HERE
Gardens and Stately homes:
- Easter Eggstravaganza at Blenheim Palace: 7-10April 2023- Free with Annual Pass, no need to pre-book.
Lots of ‘eggcellent’ activities for all the family to take part in including circus skills, street entertainment and a special appearance from the Easter bunny! More details to follow
Read our family/ children focussed review of Blenheim palace with all details HERE
The much awaited, “The Lost Garden” has finally opened as well. Read our review HERE
- Join the Big Easter Bunny Hunt around the Waterperry gardens. 1-16th April 2023. £3.00 per child with a prize – children must be accompanied by an adult for whom the garden entrance fee applies.. (read our review of Water Perry gardens HERE)
- Easter Trail at Tumblestone Hollow 1-16th April 2023. Not only do you get to play in the adventure play ground, you also take part in the trail around Tumblestone Hollow and the Gardens at Stonor, solve the puzzle and receive a fantastic chocolate treat. Hear the stories of Tumblestone Hollow read by one of the woodland elf’s who might even give you a special Tumblestone washable tatoo. Tickets for anyone over 105cm £12.50 and Child – 92-105cm £9.50 (read our review from before HERE)
- OPT Easter Egg Hunt! From 1 to 16 April, Find the eggs, spot the letters and crack the word in Abraham Wood! Decipher the word spelled out from letters on the eggs, and come collect a chocolate from the office in town (between 9am and 5pm from Monday 3 April (apart from the bank holidays).
Please don’t step on the bluebells! All eggs are visible from the path!
- Easter extravaganza at Evenley Wood garden (1st– 10th April): Tickets will be released on 1st March
Collect you map and follow the arrows to find the Easter friends around the garden. Once completed, collect your Easter treat from the Easter bunny.There will also be a hidden on golden egg in the garden. Find the elusive golden egg to claim the giant chocolate egg?
Read our review of Evenley Wood garden HERE
- Woodland Tribe at Compton Verney; Wednesday 5 April – Sunday 9 April and Wednesday 12 April – Sunday 16 April
Compton Verney children will be given the chance to get hands on with the Woodland Tribe team and using real tools to build a large wooden structure on site. Maybe a bridge, or a tower, a pirate ship or even a castle! Recommended for children over the age of 6. Read our review of our adventure last year HERE
Child – £12.50, Member adult – £5 (Discounts at checkout), Non-member adult – £10
- Take part in the Egg-citing Easter Trail at Compton Verney to find hidden giant eggs around the park and galleries. You might even catch a glimpse of the Easter bunny on your way! £3.50 per entrant and requires a valid Membership or a Day Ticket for adults (read our review of Compton Verney HERE and HERE)
Museums and education centres:
- Eggsplore the Eggstraordinary Easter Family Trail at the Natural History Museum with an eggciting family trail (1 – 16 April). Find all the hidden eggs around the museum and check out some eggcellent Easter themed specimens!
Price FREE- read our review of the museum HERE
- Out of the deep, Science Saturday and Family Sundays at Natural History Museum: Come along to ocean world to touch real ocean specimens and make your own ocean-themed crafts to take home!. On science Saturdays, Meet scientists to investigate real natural history specimens from the collection and on Family Sundays, there are Family-friendly trails, crafts, and more, all provided by Museum volunteers.
- Museum of Oxford:
- Zoolab at Museum of Oxford on 3rd April: Get up close and hands-on with Zoolab’s menagerie of real live animals from snakes to tortoises to tarantulas! Price £10.00+£1.55 Fee (accompanying adult free)
- The Wild Escape Family Day; 3rd April. 11am-3pm. FREE
- Creating Art Family Workshop- 6th April. 2-3pm. £4 per child.
- Up Up and away Family Science Workshop: 11th April. £6 per child. Age 5+.
- Earth Day at MOX! 22nd April. 11-2pm. FREE
- Adopt a Dragon at Oxford Castle and Prison: Selected Dates between 1st-16th April 2023
Paint and decorate your dragon egg, construct your own nest for your dragon , and then finally it’s time for you to adopt your very own dragon to take home with you. Each child will take home their egg, nest and soft toy dragon along with a certificate of adoption and a fact sheet for them to fill in for their fiery friend.
Tickets £12 per child over 3+ under 3’s and accompanying adults go free*
- Easter chick hunt & Heritage Bus Rides, 9 and 10th April. Buses depart from Oxford Bus Museum
Price: Adult £8, Child (aged 5 to 15 years) £5, Family (2 adults & 2 children) £17)
- Weaving Houses- Easter Holiday Family Workshops at Wallingford Museum. Weaving Houses – A simple fun introduction to weaving, making woven pictures of houses using mainly scrap materials, wool, fabric and felt. Suitable for ages 5 plus. Donation of 1£ requested. Normal museum adult admission charge still applies at £5 per adult entry (which secures you with free admission through out the 2023 season)
- A springtime adventure – follow the trail and help the Easter bunny discover who has laid all the different eggs to earn your Easter treat at Sutton Courtenay Environmental Education Centre: 3-6 April 2023
price: £5.72 per child. Supervisory adults free.
- Chiltern Open air museum (7- 10th April 2023): Explore the historic buildings and learn about some Easter traditions, take part in Easter trail, have a go at some family crafts and see the baby lambs. There are 45 acres for you to explore including woodland and new adventure playground.
Price online: Adult £10.50, Child (4 – 16 years) £7.50, Children under 4 years Free
- Easter Family Fun at the River & Rowing Museum– Details not released yet–read our review of the museum HERE)
- ‘Easter 2023: Bessie the Bus’ Birthday Bash at the British Motor Museum
Bus fans will also be able to find Mavis the bus clippie, or Jim the bus driver giving tours of the Museum. You will be able to make your very own 3D cardboard cut-out Bessie to take home! The ‘Colour Creator’ Trail will be returning for the holidays, and Easter egg hunt on the easter weekend.
Tickets: Adult £14.50 Child (aged 5 to 15 years) £9, under 5s free
- Banbury Museum has a number of activities on offer- booking essential
Brick madness: 5/6, 12/13 April, 3£/child
Egg Box Friends on 3rd April 3£/child
Hot air Balloons on 4th April £4 per child
Easter Bonnet on 5th April- £4 per child
Farm Yard in a box on 12th April- £4 per child
Fabric painting on 11th April- £4 per child
Fluffy Friends on 14th April 3£/child
- Vale and Downland Museum, Wantage: -Details not released yet–
The full post with all details, including ticket prices, can be found HERE
Some Local events:
: 3-16th April; Safari themed
- Ewelme Easter Trail: 6-10th April 2023
- Tuff Nutterz at Bicester Heritage: is fun for the whole family! A Measuring 300 metres long, this supersize inflatable maze is packed with 30 fun and challenging obstacles to complete, including huge slides, climbing walls, hanging rails, balance balls and more! Running from 1-10th April
- Easter Hunt at Bunkers Hill Garden centre: Find the all of the eggs around the nursery, then unscramble the letters to work out the eggstrodinary word. Go to the kiosk to claim your certificate & prize!!
£2 per child – all proceeds go to the mental health charities
- The Covered Market Easter egg hunt (25th March 2023 – 8th April 2023):
Entry is free. Just pop along to The Garden, Jemini Flowers, or Wicked Chocolate and get an entry card. Take itaround the market and spot pictures of eggs with letters, inside participating market shops. For each letter spotted, show the trader in that shop and they’ll stamp your card – and give you a small chocolate egg too! Find all the letters on the card and then hand your card back to The Garden, Jemini Flowers or Wicked Chocolate. They will enter you into the grand prize draw.
Farms and wildlife parks:
- Island Farm donkey Sanctuary Easter trail on good Friday and Easter Sunday 11AM-3PM. 3£/ child.
- Meet and Greet with Alpacas at Downside Farm in Blewbury followed by Afternoon Tea experience (7-10 April 2023)
- Puzzling fun at the Millets Maze Courtyard, from 9th – 23rd April, as well as the weekend of 30th April – 2nd May. Spring into the great outdoors to great quiz trails and activities within the three woodlands, courtyards and castle! Then enjoy the crazy golf, go-karts, pedal tractors, sand pits, trampolines and much more! Child Ticket (3 – 15 years) £7.50, toddler 5£, Adults 4.5£–(read our review of the previous visit HERE)
- High Lodge Farm’s action-packed Easter Trail is running from 1-10th April with extended 1.2km woodland adventure trail.
Online prices are £6.50 for children and £4.50 for adults.
Read our review from last year HERE
- Family fun at Cogges, open every day over the spring holidays. Spot super-sized colourful eggs on the Easter trail, and see the Parlour seasonally decorated with flowers, bouquets and baskets. Try cooking and craft activities for kids in the Manor House, from cup-cake decorating to Easter bunny mask-making and paper-craft.
Tickets: Gift Aid / Non Gift Aid Adult: £9.00/£8.18 , Child: £6.00/£5.45 for children aged 3-16, under 3s are free
Read our review from previous visit HERE
- The old Shed Charlbury The Great Vegetable Search running 3rd – 16th April 2023
There is no need to book a space, just turn up! £1 per sheet.
- Meet the Easter Bunny at Fairytale Farm:
See the new interactive Easter display for 2023, where Mother Goose has been joined by some friends for an egg hunt. Join Ribberty Rabbit Crafting in the Craft Corner to Join in the Easter Garden Games trying to complete the obstacle course with Bunny Hop sacks, Bean Bag Tossing and Easter Egg and Spoon racing. you can also do an Easter Scavenger Hunt. All included in the price of the standard ticket (Adults £6.98, Child (2 to 16)£6.53 )
You can also meet the Easter Bunny on Easter Weekend, including Bunny Tale and Easter Egg, for an extra £4.99 per child or You can have Breakfast with the Easter Bunny between 8:30 and 9:30 on 7th to 10th April
(£14.99 for children and £12.99 for adults/seniors, which includes full breakfast, Easter Bunny story/meet and greet, an Easter egg for every child as well as a full day’s admission to Fairytale Farm. Under 2s £4.99 (with beans on toast for breakfast)
Read our review of the previous visit HERE
- Spring into Easter at Thrift farm:
Hipperty-hop on over for lots of egg-citing fun this Easter holiday! With egg-stra activities including our NEW Straw Maze, NEW Bubble Bop Disco, Easter Trail, cute newborn Lambs & more. Every day from 1 – 16 April.
Price 18 months and over £7.95, adults 8.95£— read our review of the previous visit HERE
- Beale Wildlife Park (Lower Basildon)- Details not released yet–
ADULT £14.50, CHILD (>2 years) £11.50
Family Theatre, Puppets and Live Music:
Indoor play areas:
- Easter eggs and bunny coming to the Children’s play village on Easter weekend
£10.95 per walking child with one adult free– read our review of the previous visit HERE
- Yarnton Magic Garden – Details not released yet–
11-22 April >5 YEAR – £10.50, 2-4 YEAR – £9.50, 1 YEAR – £7.00– read our review of the previous visit HERE
- The Case of the Disappearing Dragon Egg at the Magic Alley in Stratford–
Undertake the quest and take a journey through a number of rooms. This event is recommended for children over 6 but children over 4 can be admitted as long as they are with older siblings.
Read review of our Christmas visit HERE which was done when Ay was age 4 .
Price: Family ticket for two £18.00 + £1.51 booking fee. Family ticket for three £27.00 + £2.27 booking fee
- Westgate, Oxford– – Details not released yet–
- Travel back in time to the golden age of the Great Western Railway this Easter weekend at Didcot Railway Centre (7th to 10th April). Explore over 200 years of railway heritage and celebrate with a ride in the vintage coaches all day. There will also be actors in Victorian costumes. Kids can hunt for the Easter bunny who will be dishing out treats and make their own sun catcher to take away as a memento of the day
Adult £16.50, Child (3 – 18) £12.25
Discovery days 2023 on other weekends and Wednesday during the break. Trains will not be running, meaning there’s the chance to get up close and see them at close quarters. (Adult £8.50, Child (3 – 18) £8)
- Easter Bunny Steam Train at Chinnor & Princess Risborough Railway: All-Day Rover tickets are issued at just £1 for each 3-15 years Child* on Fri 07 Apr, Sat 08 Apr (Diesel Only Day), Sun 09 Apr, Mon 10 Apr, Thur 13 Apr, Sun 16 Apr (Special Steam)
- Cholsey and Wallingford railway (9 and 10th April):
Enjoy an Easter weekend on the Bunkline with trains running on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. With added Tea, Cake and even chocolate snacks for the little ones!
Adult £12, Child (3 – 18) £5
- Spring Transport Festival at the Bucks railway centre, on Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd April, will include Full size & miniature steam trains, offering passenger rides, Working fire engine demonstrations, Vintage vehicles including cars, vans, bikes and traction engines, entry to the Railway Museum and Model stalls, tools, gifts and Beer Tent—- read our review of the previous visit HERE
Adults: £14.50, Senior: £13.50, Child: £10.50
- Join Thomas the Tank Engine for a day of colourful adventure at Buckinghamshire Railway Centre On 7,8 and 9th April! All aboard a train ride with Thomas, say Hello to Sir Topham Hatt and join Rusty & Dusty for a trainload of fun. Adult £20.90, Child 2-17 £16.50—- read our review of the previous visit HERE
National Trust / English Heritage properties:
There are a number of Easter adventures in nature at national trust properties in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. Complete a trail and earn your chocolate egg at the end. Normal grounds admission applies, so free for NT members but trails cost £3 per child
- Easter trail and the newly-refurbished playground at Waddesdon Manor: 29 Mar – 10 Apr (closed 3- 4 Apr). Price is £3 per trail (one egg per trail) and normal ground admission applies (Waddesdon is exempt from NT membership promotion). Read our review of the Waddesdon HERE
- Easter adventure at Stowe 1-16 April 2023:
Enjoy sports day at Stowe with an Easter-themed twist, so hop, jump, throw, run, stretch, and race your way around each of the activities. As you play and have fun on your family adventure in nature, there’s plenty of new life to spot along the way. With lambs roaming the gardens, a new meadow of bluebells and the unusual cuckoo flower in bloom in the old orchard. There’s something for everyone
Read our review of the Stowe HERE and HERE
- Easter Egg Trail at the Hughenden grounds 1-16 April 2023:
Follow the trail around the gardens at Hughenden, learning about the lifecycle of a plant with lots of fun activities at each station, then pick up your chocolate egg at the end.
Read our review of the Hughenden grounds HERE
- Easter egg hunt at Basildon Park 1-16 April 2023:
At the start of your Easter trail, pick up your activity pack and complete the 10 activities that are hiding along the way. Find your way to the secret garden by weaving in and out and running along the rabbit racecourse. Once you’ve made it, explore the grass maze and other activities waiting for you. Finish the trail and collect your Rainforest Alliance chocolate egg or an allergen-free alternative at the end (where available).
Read our review of the Basidon park HERE
- Easter trail at Cliveden 31 March to 16 April 2023:
Make your way along the trail and find nature-inspired activities for the whole family in the grounds at Cliveden. Families and dogs are all welcome on this seasonal adventure. There are 10 activities to find around the estate. Make your own Easter discoveries, have fun and head back to the Easter Trail tent to collect your Rainforest Alliance chocolate egg or allergen alternative.
Read our review of the Cliveden HERE
- Easter egg hunt at Greys Court 1 – 16 April 2023:
Find and complete the 10 blossom-inspired activities that are hiding along the way. Become a bee in a flower garden to collect pollen, jump along the blossom hopscotch and make a pledge to nature at Greys Court. Finish the trail and collect your Rainforest Alliance chocolate egg or an allergen-free alternative at the end (where available).
- Easter Adventures at White Horse Hill at The Uffington White Horse trail 7-10 April 2023:
The most exciting thing about White Horse Hill are the myths and legends which swirl around the neolithic landscape. With burial mounds, hillforts, Giants Steps and a Dragon Hill, there’s lots to children to discover. Complete all the activities and win a chocolate egg.
- Easter adventure quest at Kenilworth Castle (ENGLISH HERITAGE) 1st – 6th & 11th – 16th April 2023:
Explore the grounds and gardens to hunt for clues and challenges and discover traditional Easter games. Track down the Easter eggs and you’ll be rewarded with an adventurer’s certificate and a tasty chocolate treat.
The quest costs £2 in addition to the normal ticket price. FREE for EH/ CSSC members
Holiday Camps and other activities:
If you are looking for Holiday camps and other activities for kids around Oxfordshire, then check our post HERE
What else could you do during half term?
If you think something needs updating on this post, please contact us HERE