BMX pump tracks and skate parks in Oxfordshire and Bucks
16 June 2022
The summer holidays are looming on us, so now would be a good time to make a list of the parks with BMX/ pump tracks and skating areas.. Get your wheels ready!!
Parks with BMX/ pump tracks:
- Kennington playing fields has a BMX cycle track. There is also a small playground on the other side of the vast green fields (suitable for little children) and you can go to the Bagley Woods from here tomake a long day out of it.
- Shotover in Cowley: Thanks to Kristin Divine for letting me know about this pump track at the top of Shotover in Cowley. I found Little Oxplorer’s post on it as well. According to her, if you put ‘Shotover Mountain Bike Trails’ into your Sat Nav, it will take you to the Blenheim Road (OX33 1RZ) entrance in Horspath
- Steeple Aston park in Bicester has good play areas and a cross country bike track
- Tickers Folly Field/ Blewbury playground in Didcot has a skate ramp and bike pump track as well
- Upton park play area next to the village hall in Didcot is a pretty cool playground with pump track, pretty fast zip wire and other stuff as well. A couple of you spotted that the featured picture is from Upton Park> Thanks for pointing out that the track has now been tarmac-ed and “it is fab”
- Sutton Courtenay Recreation Ground in Abingdon has a good play area, small pump track and skate park
- Ladygrove Park and Playground in Didcot has a cycling track up the hill opposite it and the Ladygrove Loop, which includes the play area, has an integrated walking, cycling and ﬁtness route
- There is a pump track” in the South Moreton playground near Didcot
- Hailey BMX / Pump Track, Witney OX29 9TX
- Acklings Pump Track and Forest Area, Long Wittenham
- Boddington pump track/ mountain bike trail in Upper Boddington is AMAZING! It is technically out of Oxfordshire but has one of the longest tracks I have seen, which even goes through a woodland area. There is also a decent playground on site, so perfect for mixed aged group children
Oxford Wheels Project and Oxford City Council are offering weekly skateboard coaching sessions at Meadow Lane skatepark for young people. For more information please visit the Oxford Wheels Project Facebook page.
- Cutteslow park has a skate park near the sunny mead entrance. If you are over the main park (i.e. Kidlington side), then go past the beach volley ball area, through the car park, over the bridge across the road and the skate park is on your left.
- Garth Park in Bicester has a skate park just outside the main fenced area (towards the Aldi side)
- The Leys recreation ground in Witney has an amazing climbing tower, seasonal skate park and an adjacent skate park
- Spiceball Country Park in Banbury which has a fenced play area and a good skate park next to it
- Watlington Bowl and skate ramp has a good enough children play park but the large bright blue skating bowl with surrounding track gives it the WOW factor.
- Tickers Folly Field/ Blewbury playground in Didcot has a skate ramp and bike pump track as well as a pretty unique park
- The Pavilion Park in Cholsey is a big green space with two separate play areas which needs improvement but the skate park in the centre is its saving grace
- Shipton Under Wychwood recreation ground in Chipping Norton has an awesome playground and a skate area
- Chalgrove skate park, OX44 7SD (Thanks to Kate Bodle on FB for this one)
- Queen Elizabeth Circle Recreation playground in Thame is a pretty cool playground with a skate park across the road.
- Tetsworth play park in Thame has a skate park just outside the main fenced area
- Fettiplace Recreation Ground, Fettiplace Road, Barton, OX3 9NP
- Meadow Lane Recreation Ground, East Oxford, OX4 1TL
- Fry’s Hill Park, Blackbird Leys, OX4 7WG
- Eynsham skate park
- Witney Skate park OX28 1AR
- Sutton Courtenay skatepark, Abingdon OX14 4AW
- Abingdon Skatepark at the White White Horse Leisure Centre on Audlett Drive
- Henley Skatepark, Makins Recreation Ground, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1TE
- Jubilee Park and Recreation Ground in Long Crendon has a skate park pretty close to it
- Aston Clinton park has a lovely “integrated play area”, skate park, outdoor fitness trail, vast green space with multigames use area, a stream for paddling and café (with small soft play).
- There is a skate park near the Gateway park play area in Aylesbury
- Pitstone Recreation Ground Leighton Buzzard LU7 9AP
If you think something needs updating on this post, please contact us HERE